Sunderland Culture - Extra Market Research

In Depth Market Research

In this word document I decided to conduct more in-depth research into the documentaries I research about.

I wanted to see in each documentary how they had different parts of different documentary modes and genres and how they each used shot sizes, mise En scene and sound in particular, I did this because I wanted to see what types of shot sizes, mis En scene and sound I should and should not use in my own documentary. 

While in doing more of in-depth research I learned a lot more about how they are able to use so many different types of editing choices such as they continuity and non-continuity and non-diegetic and diegetic sounds. These types of editing help me understand that both of these ways effect the audience in positive and negative ways but are really useful to attract audience attention. Sound is a big factor in every type of film media as sound can help the audience feel many different emotions such as fear, anger, sadness, heartbreak and much more.

 

This helped me a lot as I now know what genres, sound and shot sizes I should use for my documentary and how they can give the effect I want for my target audience.


Comments

Popular Posts